2020 Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2020 Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and its territories (and the District of Columbia) at the time of entry. Employees of Baseball Lifestyle 101 and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Baseball Lifestyle 101, 55 Central Avenue, Unit O, Farmingdale, NY 11735
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on October 14, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. United States Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on December 24, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET, or until all 9,975 Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes Scratch & Win Game Card are claimed, whichever comes first (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter: Make a Purchase from BL101 and a Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes Scratch & Win Game Card will be included in your package, or, during the Promotion Period, print and mail, via U.S. Postal Service, the official Scratch Off Request located below at: https://www.bl101.com/pages/enter-to-win-step-up-to-the-plate-sweepstakes to enter the sweepstakes. Limit one form per envelope.
5. Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select the potential Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes Scratch & Win Game Card to be sent to each participant. Sweepstakes winners will know their prize, if any, by scratching the Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes Scratch & Win Game Card. Except where prohibited, winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will claim his/her prize by: redeeming discount codes at BL101.com, or if you hit a triple or a homerun on the card, by taking a photo of yourself with the winning card and sending it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner fails to provide any requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Odds: Many will enter, only 25 people will win product; non-winning Cards will contain either a15% off discount code - worth 15% on their order at BL101.COM or a 30% off discount code - worth 30% of their order at BL101.COM.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and its parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in Suffolk County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Sweepstakes Results: For any legally required winners’ list and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request for same with a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2020 Step Up to the Plate Sweepstakes Scratch & Win Game Card, c/o Baseball Lifestyle 101/BL101, 55 Central Avenue, Unit O, Farmingdale, NY 11735.